Old September 18th 20, 06:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J.[_3_] Richard J.[_3_] is offline

Default Boatstitution

Recliner wrote on Fri Sep 18 2020 09:10:37 GMT+0100 (BST) ...
Graeme Wall wrote:
On 18/09/2020 08:21, Recliner wrote:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8743169/Pupils-39-000-year-St-Pauls-School-ferried-Thames-BOATS-bridge-shuts.html

I would have thought they could have organised a proper ferry. Shouldn't
be that difficult.

Agreed, I wonder why they haven't?

It's not that easy. I don't think there's a suitable pier or landing stage on the Richmond/Barnes side ("Surrey bank"). Whatever you build has to cope with the tides which vary the water level by up to 6 metres. In fact the predicted spring tide tomorrow afternoon happens to be exactly 6 metres above the morning low tide at Hammersmith.

--
Richard J.