Old October 6th 20, 01:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Basil Jet[_4_] Basil Jet[_4_] is offline

Default Latest Crossrail Wild video

On 06/10/2020 14:29, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 12:29:56 on Tue, 6 Oct 2020,
Basil Jet remarked:

Yes. Personally, I don't think Crossrail should go as far as
Reading. I
think Slough was far enough.

Windsor IMO, assuming crossing the mainline is at all possible.

Â*It's single track from Slough and a single platform, so capacity and
the ability to recover during disruption are poor.

I think the entire formation is double track.

erm: https://www.opentraintimes.com/maps/...ough#T_WINDSEC

Obviously the track is single, but the formation is double,
because the disused land and wide bridges are still there.

--
Basil Jet recently enjoyed listening to
Miles Davis - 1967 - Miles Smiles