Old October 19th 20, 01:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
[email protected] boltar@nuttyella.co.uk is offline

Default Manhattan-on-Thames, Nine Elms

On Mon, 19 Oct 2020 13:46:44 +0100
Recliner wrote:
With all the fuss being made, rightly, about the soon-to-depart 38TS on the
Island Line, it occurred to me that SWR has
another Birmingham-built fleet due to retire soon, probably with no home to go
to. Like the class 483s, these trains are
being retired for a second time, but their total life may only be a quarter as
long. I think both classes were even

It strikes me a lot of money has being spent in buying new stock on the
railways when the old stock is perfectly servicable which would be fine if
money were growing on trees , but it wasn't even before covid. Binning
trains built in 2000 (virtually brand new if it was on LU) just seems an
absurd waste of resource.