Old October 19th 20, 09:00 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Recliner[_4_] Recliner[_4_] is offline

Default Manhattan-on-Thames, Nine Elms

Sam Wilson wrote:
Recliner wrote:

I was using an ultra-wide angle lens, which makes things look further away
than they are. It hides just how close those expensive flats are to the
busy railway. The trains are not running quickly, but they still make some
noise.

The blocks are also close to each other, so many of the flats look straight
out on to the next block. That would be expected in cheap flats, but these
aren't.

If they’re being used as investments/money laundering opportunties that may
not matter, since many foreign-owned London flats are allegedly empty most
of the time anyway.

Could be, though the prices of the ones I saw when researching the block
names weren't stratospheric enough for them to be likely investment
properties. Ones with a river view might come into that category.

Of course, some could be pied-Ã*-terres for affluent London workers who
might spend about half their time in them, and half in more agreeable
surroundings out of town. Their proximity to the US embassy and the large
planned Apple offices in the old power station may also be factors. I
wonder if the embassy might lease some for visiting staff on short term
assignments?

I did wonder if any of the blocks had an underground link to the fortified
embassy?