Old June 30th 04, 09:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Terry Harper Terry Harper is offline

Default London Orbital (M25) - Service Areas

"Piccadilly Pilot" wrote in message

"Clive Page" wrote in message

Isn't there scope here for a bit of Usenet collaborative work: many of
us know motorway junctions (not necessarily near where we live) where
there's a supermarket, petrol station, cafe or whatever within a quarter
of a mile or so of the exit. How about forming a list, with basic
directions?

http://www.offmotorway.com

Seems to be confined to B&B establishments, from what I've seen so far.

When the M40 first opened through, without services, diversions at High
Wycombe to Asda, Banbury to Tesco and off the M42 to various filling
stations on the cut-off from J1 to J4 on the M5 were convenient and are
still cheaper than the service stations.

Coming south, a turn off at J2 and heading for Slough found another Tesco
store on the A4. Back to the M25 at J14, or the M4 at J5, depending on the
traffic.

If going clockwise round the M25 and wishing to join the M4, a diversion up
the M3 to Bracknell, and then via the A329M to the M4 is shorter and
quicker, and passes Sainsbury's in Bracknell en route.
--
Terry Harper, Web Co-ordinator, The Omnibus Society
75th Anniversary 2004, see http://www.omnibussoc.org/75th.htm