Old June 30th 04, 09:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Tube Strike Info on LUL Website

Geoff Marshall wrote:
I did my usual journey last night home too!

Got to OXford Circus to go down to Waterloo at 8pm, and the
Bakerloo was running fine! A sign at OC said that "trains would
be stopping at 8pm", but I got on one at 8.02, and there were two
more after that displayed on Countdown !

There's quite a good service running this mornig as well .. it's
only the jubilee i think which doesn't have any service at all ...

Quite good considering there's a strike, but it's less than 20% of the
normal peak service. At 09:30, LU were reporting 95 trains in service,
compared with around 500 for a normal morning peak. In addition to the
Jubilee line closure, there are no Circle line trains, and some lines
have a token service, e.g. only Cockfosters-Arnos Grove on the
Piccadilly; no District trains west of Whitechapel except for a
Gunnersbury-Richmond shuttle.

N.B. These details are on LU's home page, http://tube.tfl.gov.uk , not
on the usual Live Travel News page.

--