Old October 22nd 20, 04:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_4_] Recliner[_4_] is offline

Default Congestion charge to N/S Circular??????

wrote:
On Thu, 22 Oct 2020 15:28:04 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 15:46:57 on Thu, 22 Oct
2020, tim... remarked:

Personally, I don't accept the premise that PT has to be self funding,
but we are where we are on that one

Even with these extra 'taxes', it won't be.

All we are arguing about is the amount of subsidy.

Or, more specifically, where the subsidy comes from. In the absence of most
tourists and many commuters, fare revenues won't come close to meeting
operating costs.

They need to be realistic and scale back the tube services until ridership
goes up again. From my personal experience however the buses are as crowded
as they're allowed to be. Odd how the snowflakes seem to be scared of trains
but not buses.

Yes, I've been on buses lately carrying a lot more than the stated maximum.