Old November 3rd 20, 08:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_4_] Recliner[_4_] is offline

Default Crossrail 2 Cancelled

Basil Jet wrote:
On 03/11/2020 15:44, Graeme Wall wrote:
On 03/11/2020 14:54, wrote:
On Tue, 03 Nov 2020 12:32:35 +0000
Recliner wrote:
On Tue, 3 Nov 2020 07:48:27 -0000, "tim..."
wrote:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...s-shelved-tran

sport-for-london-funding-deal

well not really cancelled, as it has never actually been confirmed,
more
mothballed

But I can't see it being resurrected any time soon, not if commuter
numbers
are permanently on a downwards projectory.

Also "TfL will also have to further investigate driverless trains"

surely they do that as a matter of course anyway?

It has to be a long term aim, but it's a 25 year solution to TFL's
funding
not one that can be implemented on a 1 year one timeframe

I see another London economy measure has been crystallised:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-54783565

I bet that'll be popular with the staff for the next 5 years until xrail
opens. Not. Fine if you live near that area, a PITA to get to if you live
anywhere else.

Take the river bus.

It's pretty near Royal Victoria DLR. Crossrail won't really help much.

Yes, they'll need to get to Custom House for Crossrail.