Old November 8th 20, 12:18 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
D A Stocks[_2_] D A Stocks[_2_] is offline

Default Manhattan-on-Thames, Nine Elms

"Recliner" wrote in message
D A Stocks wrote:
"Recliner" wrote in message

I also used the latest version of the 458s fairly frequently for a while
and, as far as I could tell, the 460 seating was retained when the cars
were
incorporated into the fleet so maybe you were just lucky.

Ah, I hadn't thought of that. Maybe I need to try them again, picking a
carriage with different seating?

The ex. 460 cars also have different glazing, so they're fairly recognisable
from the outside. It's possible some/all of the ex-460 cars may have been
refitted since I was using them around 4-5 years ago.

Talking about GatEx trains, the current 387/2s have horrible, upright,
hard
seats, like most modern trains.

Yes, but the trains are otherwise fairly civilised: there is adequate
legroom, power sockets and wifi unlike, e.g. the class 700s as built. I find
these seats - with the legroom - are acceptable for a one hour journey,
which is about as long as it gets on the Brighton Line.

--
DAS