Old June 30th 04, 12:07 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london
Annabel Smyth Annabel Smyth is offline

Default London Orbital (M25) - Service Areas

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 at 11:52:05, Mark Hewitt
wrote:

There are very strict rules for motorway service areas. Much of which are
designed to prevent the service area becoming a destination for local
travellers. i.e. They don't want locals using the motorway more just to get
to the service station. Which is why the type of things they can sell is
limited, you won't see a furniture shop at a M/way services for example.

I thought one of the most modern service areas - forget which, or where
it is - was positioning itself as just that, somewhere to go. I gather
it had a load of shops that you wouldn't normally find in a service
area. But as I can't tell you which one it was, I suppose it's possible
that I was dreaming. But I don't think so!
--
Annabel Smyth
Website updated 6 June 2004