Old December 10th 20, 11:08 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
[email protected] spuddy@isnotyourbuddy.co.uk is offline

Default There's one line that won't be short of drivers...

On Thu, 10 Dec 2020 11:53:27 +0000
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 09:16:16 on Thu, 10 Dec
2020, remarked:
On Thu, 10 Dec 2020 07:01:20 +0000
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 18:46:43 on Wed, 9 Dec
2020, " remarked:
What about radiation levels?

One of the case studies I did when at University was the radiation
levels experienced by Concorde crews (because it cruised at 60,000ft),
so it is something they've been taking into account for a very long
time.

Wouldn't some aluminium and various other bits of gubbins between the
pilot and outside

Lead perhaps, not something one often sees structurally on planes.

I'm not suggesting it would block it completely, but a sheet of aluminium
must be equivalent to quite a few thousand feet of air surely.