Old July 24th 03, 07:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default Spider maps (was Information about Route 187)

"Dave" wrote in message

the spider maps are very good at letting you quickly
see the places you can travel to directly from that stop

Are you referring to the diagrams at the top of the timetables at certain
central London bus stops? The "spider maps" show every bus from the
neighbourhood, not from the stop.

Spider maps need to be studied at great length before you can divine
anything from them. The alphabetical list of places beneath them is a much
better source of information, and I think it includes every place named on
the spider map (except minor places which are very near). Since the spider
maps are ungeographical, they tell you nothing about any point which is not
named.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped