Old December 17th 20, 10:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
NY[_2_] NY[_2_] is offline

Default Thameslink returns to the Tube Map

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
Leaving out the Moorgate to FP section of GN - even if they don't include
the rest - is just cretinous and a disservice to passengers.

I'm not sure why it's worse than leaving out the Waterloo-Wimbledon (etc)
National Rail routes.

I'm not sure where one should draw the line (pun *not* intended!) between
which lines to include and which to omit.

You could be strict and only include traditional London Underground lines,
and exclude Thameslink and London Overground (since those were traditionally
British Rail / Network Rail).

You could additionally include London Overground. You could include GOBLIN,
North London Line and Thameslink and Finsbury Park to Moorgate. But should
you go further and include a selection of other Network Rail services?

When FP-Moorgate was first transferred to British Rail, it was included as a
courtesy service on Underground maps, maybe because until 1976 it had been a
tube line (though not a very useful one in its final days, because there was
a gap between Old Street as the northern terminus of the Moorgate line and
BR services that called at FP).

I suppose the criterion for inclusion might be whether a typical ticket for
use on the Underground would or wouldn't allow you to use a non-Underground
line that called at stations within the zones that your ticket covers. I
don't know much about Oyster and tickets bought at Underground stations
because whenever I went up to London I bought a Day Rover (Capitalcard)
ticket which covered me for my return journey into London and then unlimited
use of Underground and NR trains within the Greater London area (maybe out
to Zone 9 on the new map that is being discussed) - so I was a bit pampered
in automatically having an all-zones ticket. It's also a good 10 or more
years since I've been to London...