Old January 5th 21, 10:40 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
NY[_2_] NY[_2_] is offline

Default Thameslink returns to the Tube Map

"Sam Wilson" wrote in message
NY wrote:
In Icelandic, do *both* the sons and the daughters take the father's
first
name? I have vague memories of being told that daughter's sometimes take
the
mother's first name - so Magnus and Oddny (*) might have a son with a
surname Magnusson and a daughter with a surname Oddnydottir (rather than
Magnusdottir).

Search for “iceland” he
https://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-personal-names

Shame it doesn't say in what circumstances the daughter's surname is based
on her mother's rather than father's first name. I wonder if there's a
convention or just "whichever sounds better".