Old January 11th 21, 02:04 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
[email protected] spudisnotyourbud@grumpysods.com is offline

Default Thameslink returns to the Tube Map

On 11 Jan 2021 14:13:43 GMT
Marland wrote:
wrote:
The whole political class are rabbits in headlights because apparently some
full ICU wards in a few hospitals are a "national emergency" because

hysterical
medics are constantly talking it up. Sorry, but a national emergency would

be
a total collapse of the water or food supply, .

IF enough people go sick in supply chains,utilities and transport we could
well see some of that occur ,

There's a difference between going sick and being forced to stay away because
you tested positive for a virus that hasn't even given you symptoms. Thats
a self inflicted problem.

Frankly I'm utterly sick ad tired of NHS staff crying wolf:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ErN-sYIW...g&name=900x900

You are not alone in your point of view but if you are confident enough in
the situation is like you say it is are you and your immediately family
willing to knock up and carry something like an organ donor card with a

I had an organ donor card until they became redundant last year.

message on it something like “ Do not resuscitate if facilities are
overloaded ,give my place to someone else” and gamble on never having to
produce it.

If I was over 80 and my chances were low then yes.

Given the protests that have already happened under the current restrictions
getting more heavy handed I suspect would backfire badly.

You often refer to wartime, people who were likely to take too much time to

No I don't.

deal with such as foreigners who had left Europe to escape the fascists
were still put in interment camps with others
whose intentions may have been less desirable, the fallout was dealt with
later.
The Isle of Man may not be available but a couple of camps could quickly be
established on Salisbury Plain or for people from your area the big army
area in East Anglia which was taken over in WW2 and never given back.
Stanford ISTR, often used for location work on Dads Army.

Good luck doing that today with an army down to 80K soldiers.

this issue people like yourself may think you have a lot of support because
they shout loudest on social media they are probably a far smaller
percentage of the population than they think.

I don't particularly care. I'm not going to change my opinion because you and
other groupthinkers don't happen to agree with it.