Old July 1st 04, 09:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default removing staff? What happens to security?

"CharlesPottins" wrote in message

A few years ago, I found myself alone in a southbound
tube train with only a bulky item of baggage left near the
doors for company. Thinking it was my duty to draw
attention to this "suspect package", and being about to
get out at the next station anyway, I followed the LU
instructions to report this item to a member of staff.
As there was nobody on the platform, the first person
I saw was the man on the ticket barrier. Of course by
then the train would have been well on its way.

I would have pulled the red lever in the carriage, and got the driver to
deal with it.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped