Old January 26th 21, 05:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Peter Able[_2_] Peter Able[_2_] is offline

Default Model Railway Club logo

On 26/01/2021 17:15, Graeme Wall wrote:
On 26/01/2021 17:05, Peter Able wrote:
On 26/01/2021 15:24, David Cantrell wrote:
On Mon, Jan 25, 2021 at 12:37:24PM +0000, Peter Able wrote:
On 24/01/2021 20:44, Basil Jet wrote:
https://www.themodelrailwayclub.org/...2/img/logo.svg

It is a striking rendering of the "Winged Messenger" (Hermes / Mercury)
- suggesting speedy delivery. Used by transport and transport fuel
businesses.

As for a direct railway example,

https://www.modelrailforum.com/forum...ic=35081&st=45

That one makes me immediately think of Icarus, which is most certainly
*not* what the LMS had in mind!

Hermes is usually shown with winged sandals or hat.

Indeed - but I couldn't find anything nearer to do with railways.

Yet, I'm sure that that deco style railway club loco was used in the
30s - maybe.Â* National Benzole?

Well spotted, the head anyway.

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/142403-national-benzole-14t-tank-wagons-all-wrong/

Oh, more than the head. See:

https://www.gracesguide.co.uk/National_Benzole_Co

But I'm sure that I've seen a blend of the art deco-ised winged helmet
and the rest as a waiter image for a swanky 30s restaurant. Serving an
impossibly long-legged blonde.

Serving up a steam locomotive is original, though !

PA