Old July 1st 04, 11:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Annabel Smyth Annabel Smyth is offline

Default removing staff? What happens to security?

On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 at 08:20:11, CharlesPottins
wrote:

A few years ago, I found myself alone in a southbound tube train with only a
bulky item of baggage left near the doors for company. Thinking it was my duty
to draw attention to this "suspect package", and being about to get out at the
next station anyway, I followed the LU instructions to report this item to a
member of staff. As there was nobody on the platform, the first person I saw
was the man on the ticket barrier. Of course by then the train would have been
well on its way.

I suppose the correct procedure would have been to pull the
communication cord, or whatever it is called nowadays - the red
emergency thingy they suggest you only pull if the train is in a
station. This would have alerted the driver that something was wrong,
and he could have radioed for help/advice once he knew what the problem
was.
--
Annabel Smyth
Website updated 6 June 2004