Old February 28th 21, 02:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Peter Able[_2_] Peter Able[_2_] is offline

Default Clock on a stick in Chessington

On 30/05/2012 00:05, Annoyed of London wrote:
Offramp;130678 Wrote:
It looks pretty old; was it there before the bus stop?

Well it looks like it could be newer than the footpath's surfacing. Note
the patching.

I live around the corner from the bus stop, and it was always in ful
working order everyday I went to school at Moor Lane from 1985 - 1989.

Even back then I was told it was a pretty old clock.

That piece of land has been a bus stop for at least 40 years, almos
certainly longer. Before route 71 came into existence, the 65 ran fro
Chessington Zoo to Ealing Broadway and served this stop on th
Chessington-bound journey

Your mention of route 65 reminds me of the conductor training at
Chiswick - 50+ years ago. The 65's fare chart was used during initial
training - and as part of the final, pass-out test. In those days the
route was Ealing Argyle Road to Norbiton. Many careers foundered - and
many more should have - over route 65...;}

PA