Old March 21st 21, 05:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Basil Jet[_4_] Basil Jet[_4_] is offline

Default Crossrail update

On 21/03/2021 09:51, Recliner wrote:
Mark Wild's latest Crossrail update video:

https://youtu.be/9SlZ6zpQiGY

Thanks. That new lift shaft at Hanwell - talk about a monstrous
carbuncle on the face of a much-loved and elegant friend. There was no
need for it to have anything above platform height apart from a glass
door facing the tracks. I don't understand this obsession with enclosing
lifts - London Bridge is the same, with shafts polluting the view when
the only places that lifts need to be enclosed is within reach of hands.

Here's another Crossrail update about Acton Main Line.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X83GgeloPzU

"We want all our stations to have a common look and feel" - er, why? How
about "if it ain't broke don't fix it". There's nothing wrong with
former Great Eastern stations having a Great Eastern look and former
Great Western statins having a Great Western look, and although Acton
Main Line obviously needed to be rebuilt, there is no virtue in it
looking the same as Custom House.

--
Basil Jet recently enjoyed listening to
2003 - Echoes - The Rapture