Old April 1st 21, 06:49 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Graeme Wall Graeme Wall is offline

Default Tim goes Underground

On 01/04/2021 11:11, Marland wrote:
MB wrote:
On 31/03/2021 23:38, Recliner wrote:
Like you, I've never watched them, but assume the fans find them some sort
of comfort blanket. I wonder, do characters in the soaps currently take all
the Covid precautions? Are the pubs closed, everyone wears masks, and
stays 2m apart?

There have been quite a number of articles on how they have managed to
record soap operas.

One technique is to use actors'partners for scenes needing close
contact, like "snogging". One recent article said that one programme
was having a problem so one actor rang his girl friend, who had done
some acting, she was taken on as an extra and substituted for the real
actress during the close-ups.

I wonder if arrangements with Equity have been relaxed or some had to join,
they used to be quite
strict at one time .

My one and only acting scene got around that as it was for a Brazilian
production company and I found myself as part of a burial at sea party
while we acted as a prop for an Italian emigrant ship to Brazil.
About 32 mins in .
https://youtu.be/VHupZR-GurE

The production was I suppose what we call a docusoap and had huge audiences
in South America ,
the lead actress was a lovely person , could speak four languages and no
diva like qualities at all.
She was equally happy prop building knocking bits of wood together with a
hammer which was another example of the relaxed attitude of the Brazilian
production crew.
She took a shine to a younger colleague and invited him to the ranch she
owned in Brazil where she bred horses, silly sod got cold feet and didn’t
go.

Graeme may be amused we had to remind an operator of a camera on a jib that
even no smoke was coming out of the funnel at that particular moment it
would not do it any good holding it above it being cooked .

:-)

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.