Old April 8th 21, 01:38 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Basil Jet[_4_] Basil Jet[_4_] is offline

Default LO lines to be named

On 07/04/2021 22:13, Sam Wilson wrote:
Basil Jet wrote:

My fantasy for a long time is for the Overground lines to be named after
animals with distinctive coats, and for nearly all of the LU stock to be
liveried like the animals (apart from a few line-hopping spares in the
current livery). ... So, the East London Line becomes
"The Tiger" (no "line"), and the trains, bridges and map line have tiger
appearance - the Chingford line becomes "The Giraffe", the
Romford-Upminster becomes "The Ladybird" etc.

https://www.lothianbuses.com/news/2017/10/edinburgh-goes-wild-for-new-zoo-design-buses/

I know children who say things like “look, it’s the lemur bus!”

Sam

I wasn't suggesting the trains have pictures of animal faces or body
shapes, but that the entire train be covered in zebra stripes etc.

--
Basil Jet recently enjoyed listening to
2004 - 18 Monkeys On A Dead Man's Chest - David Thomas & Two Pale Boys