Old April 8th 21, 11:47 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Basil Jet[_4_] Basil Jet[_4_] is offline

Default LO lines to be named

On 08/04/2021 09:24, Marland wrote:
Basil Jet wrote:

My fantasy for a long time is for the Overground lines to be named after
animals with distinctive coats,

Romford-Upminster becomes "The Ladybird" etc.

This would actually turn the LO into a tourist attraction, with people
heading out to Romford just to see the Ladybird train.

The I.O.W got there first. Such things date very quickly.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/britis...0s/30918342656

They were tacky and childish. I don't think an entire train in giraffe
patches would look bad.

--
Basil Jet recently enjoyed listening to
2004 - 18 Monkeys On A Dead Man's Chest - David Thomas & Two Pale Boys