Old July 1st 04, 09:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default removing staff? What happens to security?

Chris wrote:
I would probably have pushed that big green emergency intercom
button on the station platform

Emergency buttons/switches/handles etc. are normally red, e.g. the
passenger alarms on LU trains. Why are the emergency buttons on the
new(ish) circular help panels on the platforms green? They must get a
lot of false alarms from people who assume that green means the friendly
information button. Why aren't they red?
--
Richard J.