Old May 4th 21, 12:46 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Charles Ellson[_3_] Charles Ellson[_3_] is offline

Default I.O.W reopening delayed.

On Mon, 3 May 2021 08:09:58 +0000 (UTC),
wrote:

On Sun, 02 May 2021 20:22:31 +0100
Charles Ellson wrote:
On Sun, 2 May 2021 16:20:42 +0000 (UTC),
wrote:

On Sun, 2 May 2021 15:36:40 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
Anna Noyd-Dryver wrote:
I have now; Wikipedia unfortunately appears to be pretty light on detail
about what was wrong with them.

Some other sources:

There were a number of plans for their reuse, one of which was to adapt
them for the Piccadilly Line, but a number of technical problems were
encountered, not least the matter of alignment of the doors with platforms

That doesn't make any sense - the picc doesn't have platform doors so what
are they supposed to align with?

Future platform doors matched to later stock which wouldn't have
repeated the door pattern ?

There are so many curved platforms on the picc I can't see them bothering
with platform doors.

That won't stop the use of platform doors; it just requires a suitable
design.

The other door alignment problem could be the driver's ability to see
the ATO stopping mark; IIRC there was no view directly to the side of
the driver's seat on 1983TS.

Maybe, but thats hardly beyond the wit of man to solve.

Not if the place where you want to insert your window contains a
necessary structural component which would make it cheaper to build a
new vehicle.