Old May 8th 21, 03:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roger[_2_] Roger[_2_] is offline

Default 60+ pass use outside london

On Sat, 8 May 2021 15:00:14 +0100, "tim..."
wrote:

"60+ Oyster pass holders are not entitled to free travel on services outside
of London."

Freedom Passes can be used on buses in England, with certain
restrictions. As far as I know the 60+ passes can't.

Here is the 60+ rail map on the TfL web site:

https://tfl.gov.uk/cdn/static/cms/do...l-rail-map.pdf

And here the Freedom Pass rail map on the London Councils web
site:

https://www.londoncouncils.gov.uk/se...ass-travel-map

As far as I can see the only difference between 60+ and Freedom
passes is Reading. A Freedom Pass can be used on TfL Rail to any
station after West Drayton as far as Reading. (A Freedom Pass is
not valid on GWR trains.)
--
Roger