Old May 9th 21, 08:55 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Anna Noyd-Dryver Anna Noyd-Dryver is offline

Default I.O.W reopening delayed.

wrote:
On Sat, 8 May 2021 17:05:19 -0000 (UTC)
Anna Noyd-Dryver wrote:
wrote:
No doubt. The LU system isn't very effective at it, but it is effective at
stopping people falling on the track. I imagine the reason its not on the
above ground sections of the JLE is that the mechanisms arn't built to
withstand the elements and there'd be constant failures.

As I posted last time we discussed this topic, several systems worldwide
have platform edge doors (half height and full height) on open platforms.

And I bet those half height doors really work wonders for ventilation, right?

If it's an outdoor station then ventilation clearly isn't the purpose of
the PEDs in that instance *rollseyes*

Anna Noyd-Dryver