Old May 10th 21, 09:33 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Anna Noyd-Dryver Anna Noyd-Dryver is offline

Default I.O.W reopening delayed.

wrote:
On Sun, 9 May 2021 20:55:54 -0000 (UTC)
Anna Noyd-Dryver wrote:
wrote:
As I posted last time we discussed this topic, several systems worldwide
have platform edge doors (half height and full height) on open platforms.

And I bet those half height doors really work wonders for ventilation, right?

If it's an outdoor station then ventilation clearly isn't the purpose of
the PEDs in that instance *rollseyes*

Oh ok, so there are different reasons for having the doors depending on
whether they're inside or outside and by inference you do apparently think
half height doors make a difference to ventilation. Got it, thanks for clearing
that up.

Not at all. Whether an installation of PEDs is for safety, ventilation or
both depends on the individual network and location; clearly half-height
ones have no influence on ventilation and neither do outdoors installations
no matter what height - unless, I suppose, they allow an entirely enclosed
platform area to be airconditioned, whilst the trains are out in the rain
(I think I have experienced this in Taiwan, unfortunately my photographs
and memories aren't specific enough about the aircon-ness of the station
building).

Anna Noyd-Dryver