Old May 10th 21, 10:44 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Recliner[_4_] Recliner[_4_] is offline

Default I.O.W reopening delayed.

wrote:
On Mon, 10 May 2021 09:53:05 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
wrote:
Oh , Marylebone , even better! A nice leisurely tour going west first!

With your F grade in geography, you probably also don't know that the
northbound line from Marylebone passes over the line from Euston at South
Hampstead. The former GCR line is headed almost directly due north, while
the former LNWR line is headed south west on its meandering route to
Birmingham. So the Euston route heads west first, while the Marylebone
route heads north first.

Yes, because I meant west immediately from the station obviously, not the
fact that it heads off via ruislip which is barely a few miles north of
marylebone albeit 15 miles west of it.

With your F in geography, you obviously never discovered that Birmingham is
well to the west of London. The Chiltern route to it is more direct than
the Euston route.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiltern_Main_Line#/media/File:Chiltern_Main_Line.png

I see you're back in plank mode.

MYB-BMO: 111.56 miles.chains
EUS-BHM: 112.73 miles.chains

So the Marylebone routes is actually slightly shorter.

And? It takes longer.

They don't need to. Not everyone shares your extreme degree of ignorance,
and many people prefer Marylebone and Moor Street to Euston and New Street,
plus the Chiltern trains are cheaper, more spacious and much more
comfortable. Not surprisingly, they're very popular.

If you say so. Personally I can do without the sound of a large diesel engine
under my seat for 2 hours but each to their own.

You obviously failed to note my reference to loco-hauled express trains.
How many passengers do you think have seats over a large diesel engine in
these trains?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiltern_Main_Line#/media/File:68010_Chiltern_Railways_Hatton_Bank_19-08-15_(20628237900).jpg