Old July 2nd 04, 10:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
MartinM MartinM is offline

Default Curious extra station stops on Southern's Watford-Brighton service

"Peter Lawrence" wrote in message ...
On 1 Jul 2004 08:21:02 -0700, (LarryLard) wrote:

As I understand it, Southern's Watford - Brighton services (via
Olympia and Clapham Junction) usual calling pattern southbound is

Harrow & Wealdstone, Wembley Central (sometimes), Olympia, Clapham
Junction, East Croydon, Gatwick Airport, Three Bridges, Haywards Heath
and Brighton

Idly browsing today, however, I found that the 1727 ex Watford - and
apparently *only* this service, all day! - additionally calls at
Streatham Common and Selhurst. Not at any of the other suburban
stations en route from Clapham Junction to East Croydon, mind - just
those two. Just that service.

Why could this be?

Guess. Selhurst could be for crew change. Dunno about Streatham
Common, which is set down only.

Selhurst could also be to wait for a down Oxted service to pass .