Old June 7th 21, 01:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_4_] Recliner[_4_] is offline

Default Down the Drain

On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 15:09:00 +0000 (UTC), wrote:

On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 11:09:25 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
Seen on Twitter: The Waterloo & City will open for passenger service on
Monday (7th)

Morning and evening peak only, Monday to Friday

Now any company with sense will have spent that 14 months giving the line and
the trains a good clean, service and general tarting up. But this being LU I
wonder if they'll simply evict some rats, clear the cobwebs away and open the
gates?

Well, I tried it out this morning, and I see that the cars still carry slightly tatty ads for winter sports, dating from
when the line shut in March 2020. As the re-opening wasn't publicised, there were almost more staff than customers.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/recliner/albums/72157719371032989