Old July 3rd 04, 11:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default New depot plans not enough to satisfy residents

David Splett wrote:
"Robin May" wrote in message
. 4...
Seems like typical NIMBYism to me.

Why do some people think that the acronym "NIMBY" is a means of
gaining them support and justification for imposing some
quality-of-life-reducing development on someone else?

These sorts of things should be built Well Away from where people
live, even if it adds significantly to the cost.

If people choose to live in a road between a railway and a canal, they
can't expect rural peace. I bet the houses were built there *after* the
railway arrived. According to Streetmap, there is already a "Works" at
one end of Harvey Road and the A412 Watford Road at the other end.
Metronet quite reasonably want this depot next to their railway, and are
using disused railway land, not virgin Green Belt land.
--
Richard J.