Old July 3rd 04, 12:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin May Robin May is offline

Default New depot plans not enough to satisfy residents

(Nick Cooper) wrote the
following in:

On 02 Jul 2004 23:43:46 GMT,
(JWBA68) wrote:

"There is a school on Harvey Road so there are children going
down there
and even if they have cut down the number of lorries, just one
lorry is one too many."

Said the mother dropping off a lone child, having driven 200
metres in a small truck masquerading as a car....

It's really amazing the contradictions surrounding the school run.
People drive their children to school to keep them safe from the
marauding paedophiles which line every street. They ignore the fact
that this means any child emerging from school steps out into a sea of
vehicles moving extremely chaotically (when there are that many cars in
what is usually a small space, normal road rules break down).

I have two schools right next to each other at the end of my street and
so I'm very well acquainted with what happens during the school rush.
To be honest I'm amazed that no children have been killed yet. When you
put together a very small street and junction, massive numbers of cars,
people doing very strange and quite silly parking manoeuvres and
children who seem to have very little traffic sense (the number of
times I've seen children run out from between two parked cars into the
path of an oncoming car!), it is surely a recipe for disaster.

--
message by Robin May-Silk and his close friend, Robert Kilroy-Kotton
"GIVE IN! IT'S TIME TO GO!" - The NHS offers a high standard of care.

Would you take the office of relief?:
http://robinmay.fotopic.net/p4600200.html