Old July 24th 03, 10:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default Extending the congestion charge zone

"AstraVanMan" wrote in message
What does everyone think of this absolutely ludicrous suggestions?

The residents seem to think it's a good idea.

The vast majority of everyone else doesn't. Next thing we'll have anyone
living on a main road (who probably chose to buy a house on that main road
in the first place) moaning and asking that we charge people to use the

main
roads. Oh, hold on a minute, that might actually be happening in some

form
or another.

I'd just like to see an idea for a ring road around the new zone.

Peter

Perhaps the current ring road will be "free" but venturing off it to either
side will be charged. Otherwise the obvious westward extension would be to
Earl's Court and the West Cross Route, with the Westway forming the northern
boundary and the embankment the southern. To the east I'm not sure - the
East Cross Route, the River Thames and the Bethnal Green Road or even
Whitechapel Road? I don't think there are any plans to extend the zone north
or southwards immediately - just eastwards and westwards.

Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7