Old July 4th 04, 06:34 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default London Orbital (M25) - Service Areas

In message , Steve Firth
writes
Some of the rules I've seen suggest that services should not be accessible
from outside the motorway, however I can think of numerous examples where
this is not the case.

Knutsford services on the M6 used to be a good example. It was the best
place to get on and off the motorway for anyone living in that region of
Cheshire. Now it has token operated barriers to stop unauthorised
drivers from leaving the premises via the back door.

The M3 services are even worse - locals were promised that they could
use it as a motorway access (the nearest junction's a long way away) and
then later they restricted it.