Old July 5th 04, 05:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default Where do you "touch in" at DLR Blackwall?

Colum Mylod wrote:
Used Blackwall late Friday, huffed up the long stairs seeking a yellow
pad to "touch in". Didn't find it. Got to Bank, Central line to Nott
Hill and exited ok. Machine gave journey as

" - Notting Hill Gate" (space dash space)

so it knew I had entered secretly without a 'touch' (monthly Z12 so I
was street legal)

Did my bleary but sober eyes miss the yellow pad at Blackwall?

I've found that DLR validators aren't usually on the platforms, they're
somewhere near the ticket machines at "ground" (or equivalent) level.
This applied at Heron Quays, Island Gardens and Crossharbour when I last
used the DLR.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7