Old July 5th 04, 06:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Chucked out at Wembley - Trade Descriptions Act

On 5 Jul 2004, Mmlabbd wrote:

So I was travelling on a Jubilee train the other day which was marked
for Stanmore. Then just outside Wembley Park the driver informed us all
that we were being chucked out at Wembley Park and not going onto our
stated destination...

Diddums!

2) Could I sue TFL for breach of the Trade Descriptions Act 1968 which
"...legislates against misleading descriptions of all foods and
services."

I think the description has to be intended to mislead, rather than simply
inaccurate. So, if the train had said "Barbados", when LU had no intention
of running it all the way there (the fiends!), then you might be able to
have a crack.

tom

--
VENN DIAGRAM THAT LOOK LIKE TWO BIG CIRCLES EQUAL BAD PUBLIC POLICY.