Old July 6th 04, 09:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Thomas Covenant Thomas Covenant is offline

Default Tube History Book

On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 19:38:54 -0000, (Mark Brader) wrote:

Tim Gowen writes:
I used to see a hard back book with a Tube Map showing how it was every
year up to 2003, but when I recently tried to buy it it'd vanished and I
had to content myself with a folded map.

snip
However, a quick look at http://www.capitaltransport.com/ does not
show a book that seems to meet that description (it's *not* "No Need to
Ask!", "Mr Beck's Underground Map", or "The London Underground: a
diagrammatic history"). So maybe Clive was wrong as to the publisher,
or as to the book being new.

Try
"The Spread of London's Underground" by Capital Transport.
The ISBN in my copy is 185414 266 6, published 2003.

There would now appear to be a second edition, shown as due May 04.
The Capital Transport website gives the ISBN for this as:
185414 277 1.

HTH
--
Thomas Covenant