Old July 7th 04, 09:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Sam Holloway Sam Holloway is offline

Default TfL Vision of the Future map

On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 21:02:22 +0100, Joe
wrote:
I bought a new computer in September and it works fine, howver I still
havent been able to get into this "Map" because it is a PDF file, which
are all complate wastes of time. A Gif would be a much better solution
with a Bmp for those who want good quality.

(OT) Erm, no. A GIF with a correct palette would give just as much
quality as a BMP for this sort of image (GIF is non-lossy compression,
remember - it's just limited to 8-bit colour). It's JPEG that would
degrade the quality.

PDF is very useful for this sort of image because you can zoom in and
out and have the image rerendered for you. Even on my rather elderly
PC here, it loaded fine. Perhaps you need to do some fixing?

Sam
--
Sam Holloway, Cambridge