Old July 7th 04, 07:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Dan Gravell Dan Gravell is offline

Default TfL Vision of the Future map

Annabel Smyth wrote:

It's fascinating - but an awful lack of joined-up thinking from my point
of view - why on earth can't they extend the proposed Cross River
Transit from Brixton to Streatham, there to join up with the extended
Croydon Tramlink? Since the buses have got much better, it's easier
than it used to be to get a southbound bus from Brixton at this time of
night (6.00 pm), but it's still common to have to wait, and it isn't
pleasant! Much easier to be able to get down to Streatham, or possibly
just as far as Herne Hill to join Thameslink services to Streatham.....

I don't want to sound like a partial whinger, but it just looks like yet
more options to everyone but those in South London to me. Perhaps I'm
just paranoid, but I really fail to see the point of a transport link to
Purley. IMO.

And yes, a reliable link to Brixton would be much nicer. I know about
the corridor through Streatham particularly around the library that
makes it difficult, but either just sod the cars or bulldoze Lidl imo.
Either way it's win:win