Old July 7th 04, 11:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default TfL Vision of the Future map

Marc Brett wrote:

There was some talk about eliminating Kew Gardens and Richmond from
the District Line, to be replaced by Crossrail. The PDF map shows
them both in place. Does this mean that the District Line will be
preserved intact, or is this still under review?

As I pointed out in an earlier post, the map doesn't have a way of
indicating existing lines that would be closed. The current Crossrail
plan removes District services on the Richmond branch.

Also, why doesn't the Kingston branch of Crossrail end at Norbiton?
It is in Crossrail's own planning documents, and would bring people
right to Kingston Hospital.

It was in Crossrail's original proposal for this branch in order to
provide reversing facilities. The current plan (dating from September
2003 IIRC) has 8tph terminating at Richmond, and Crossrail's view is
that Kingston can cope with the remaining 4tph.
--
Richard J.