Old July 7th 04, 05:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default Extending the Bakerloo and Victoria lines south TfL Visionof the Future map

Tom Anderson wrote:
On Wed, 7 Jul 2004, Sam Holloway wrote:

Any mooted plans to extend Victoria or Bakerloo lines south must be
pretty dormant.

I've heard mention of such plans, but no details (at least not for the
Victoria). What exactly has been proposed (seriously or not)?

tom

Nothing is being considered seriously at the moment - I think TfL have a
full plate of projects at the moment and are having difficulty
extracting cash for any one of them, let alone new ones. However...
there was a plan for the Victoria Line to be extended in a loop from
Brixton to Herne Hill and back. Thus trains would run S/B - Brixton -
Herne Hill - Brixton - N/B without terminating - much like the Heathrow
loop. This has been mooted as a way of increasing frequency which is
currently limited by the scissors crossover just north of Brixton station.

There have been plans to extend the Bakerloo southwards for decades -
and planning permission was obtained at one point but construction never
started. I believe the plan was to run to Bricklayers Arms and then
underneath the Old Kent Road to New Cross, Lewisham and then take over
the overground rail services from there to Hayes (Kent).

I don't think either plan is on the table at the moment.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7