Old July 7th 04, 07:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Annabel Smyth Annabel Smyth is offline

Default Extending the Bakerloo and Victoria lines south TfL Vision of the Future map

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 at 18:33:05, Dave Arquati wrote:

Nothing is being considered seriously at the moment - I think TfL have a
full plate of projects at the moment and are having difficulty extracting
cash for any one of them, let alone new ones. However... there was a
plan for the Victoria Line to be extended in a loop from Brixton to Herne
Hill and back. Thus trains would run S/B - Brixton - Herne Hill - Brixton
- N/B without terminating - much like the Heathrow loop. This has been
mooted as a way of increasing frequency which is currently limited by
the scissors crossover just north of Brixton station.

How much more frequent do they want trains? They already run every 2
minutes throughout most of the day, as it is!

Me, I wish they'd extend the line southwards to Streatham, but I doubt
that will happen, partly because of the underground River Effra.
--
Annabel Smyth
Website updated 6 June 2004