Old July 8th 04, 07:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Dan Gravell Dan Gravell is offline

Default TfL Vision of the Future map

Annabel Smyth wrote:
On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 at 08:40:56, Dan Gravell
wrote:

And yes, a reliable link to Brixton would be much nicer. I know about
the corridor through Streatham particularly around the library that
makes it difficult, but either just sod the cars or bulldoze Lidl imo.
Either way it's win:win

Why can't they go down Tooting Bec Common, if they can't go down the
High Road? (No, I don't want them to bulldoze Lidl; I like Lidl!)

If you consider the route to the common that's quite a gradient at
Ambleside Avenue. I'm not sure if trams could cope with that? (not an
expert myself though).

I guess it could cut into the common slightly where the horse riding
track is at the moment, then cut into the Streatham Hill area (not sure
about how the well heeled residents would feel about that though... what
do I care, BULLDOZE!). Come out at the high road at Streatham Hill and
onto Brixton from there.