Old July 8th 04, 04:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default TfL Vision of the Future map

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004, Solar Penguin wrote:

"John Rowland" wrote...

The omissions are more interesting.

Crazy ideas

Ah, that's my cue ...

I'd like to have seen, but there always was No Chance:

Extension of Northern line to Morden South.

And beyond - it's a short hop in tunnel under Morden park etc (with a
good opportunity for a station at the roundabout) to the NR
junction near Motspur Park, where it could take over the branch line to
Chessington South.

Colindeep Lane interchange between Thameslink and Northern Line.

Ooh, good one. Aka 'The Hyde', which, incidentally, is a very cool
neighbourhood name.

How about a similar interchange at Belsize Park? The Thameslink line
passes very close to the tube station, although it is underground, which
might make things tricky.

South Hampstead interchange for Chiltern Line.

I'm not convinced that that really makes any journeys much easier.

Much better would be to build bloody circle line platforms at Euston and
Marylebone.

Re-open Primrose Hill line to take ELLE to Kilburn.

Whassat?

tom

--
I see large and small words on this page, arranged in long rows separated by little dotty characters. Suspect written by little dotty characters, too. -- RonJeffries