Old July 25th 03, 10:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MJ MJ is offline

Default Oystercards on DLR

Gunjani wrote in message om...
The handheld scanners were only distributed to few PSA's a fortnight
ago. The remaining PSA's will receive it once they have received a full
feedback and satisfied with thier operating performance.

All PSA's now appear to be equipped with the handheld scanners. I have
had my Oyster card checked twice with these machines with no problems.

The handheld devices do seem particularly bulky and (presumably) heavy
though. Are they capable of anything other than scanning Oysters?

MJ