Old July 8th 04, 05:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default TfL Vision of the Future map

Angus Bryant wrote:

"Dave Arquati" wrote in message

Actually, the situation at Clapham Junction is interesting because the

map

shows the existing Willesden Junction to Clapham Junction line as

Silverlink

Metro, continuing unbroken (implying no change of train) as the ELL
extension. Does this mean WJ-CJ trains will be routed to use one of the
high-numbered platforms at CJ (as for long-distance trains that use the
WJ-CJ line), since Platform 2 at CJ is a terminus platform!

I think this is just bad design - there is no plan yet for ELL services
to continue up the WLL; the capacity just isn't there. However there are
plans for a single TOC to run the WLL, ELL, NLL and GOBLIN.

Surely they could extend the ELL services to take over the existing WLL
Clapham - Willesden ones?

Which way? Clapham Junction would require a time-consuming reversal and
there isn't enough capacity on the NLL to extend ELL services from
Highbury to Willesden. I also suspect that it would be difficult to
ensure a robust service as timetabling would be a nightmare on the scale
of Virgin's Cross Country services! And we know how reliable those
were/are :-)

Also they've missed out the planned station on the ELL extension at Brixton.
Not having an ELL station at Brixton would be a cardinal sin IMHO.

I agree - missing out Loughborough Junction would also be sinful as it
allows interchange with Thameslink (and thus orbital connections for
those from Wimbledon, Sutton, & Streatham). The problem is the viaduct;
new stations on the SLL viaduct at Brixton and Lougborough Jcn will be
expensive.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7