Old July 8th 04, 07:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mmlabbd Mmlabbd is offline

Default Chucked out at Wembley - Trade Descriptions Act

"Richard J." wrote in message ...
Mmlabbd wrote:
So I was travelling on a Jubilee train the other day which was
marked for Stanmore. Then just outside Wembley Park the driver
informed us all that we were being chucked out at Wembley Park and
not going onto our stated destination...

Two questions...

1) Why tell us...Just, as we were getting to Wembley Park

and

2) Could I sue TFL for breach of the Trade Descriptions Act 1968
which "...legislates against misleading descriptions of all foods
and services."

Since the London Underground is a service, I would like to know what
you all think.

Section 4.1 of the TfL Conditions of Carriage includes this:
"We reserve the right ... to stop trains from running to a particular
station without giving notice beforehand."

Thanks Richard,

Apart from the childish replies, the response has been helpful.

To the person who said "diddums", I wasn't overly upset or going to
complain, I just thought it would be an interesting question to pose.

mmlabbd