Old July 9th 04, 09:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Decks vs hinges

On 8 Jul 2004, Robin May wrote:

Tom Anderson wrote the following in:

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004, Joe wrote:

Tom Anderson wrote:

Why are bendy-buses not double-decker?

Incidentally, i am not the first person to think of this:

I'd thought of it too. And also, the bus in the film "The Big Bus" is a
double decker bendy bus (and nuclear powered too!).

Of course! I can't believe i forgot that.

- Nuclear cigarette lighter?
- Main dashboard, top right
- THERE IS NO NUCLEAR CIGARETTE LIGHTER!

Genius. Terrible film, but genius nonetheless.

Because Bendy-Buses can accommodate more people

Hang on - how does a single-decker bendy accommodate more people
than a double-decker bendy? I'd have thought the double-decker
version would accomodate roughly twice as many!

I think everyone who has replied has interpreted what you said as
meaning "Why not use double deckers instead of bendy buses?".

Then they should learn english!

The idea of a double decker bendy bus obviously seems quite strange!
Personally, I'd like to see one, although whether I'd like to travel in
it is another matter!

I take your point. I understand that in some places, they have
double-decked trams and trains, too. Seems like an easy and general way to
increase capacity (obviously not very practical for tube lines, though).

tom

--
What's the secret to our success? Shouting Robots! People love it when robots yell at them!