Old July 9th 04, 09:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Decks vs hinges

On Fri, 9 Jul 2004, Nigel Pendse wrote:

"John Rowland" wrote in
message
"Marc Brett" wrote in message
On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 17:49:53 +0100, Tom Anderson
wrote:

Why are bendy-buses not double-decker?

You couldn't have a continuous floor upstairs, but I don't see why
the front half and the back half couldn't have self-contained
upstairs sections.

Wouldn't it waste space to have two sets of stairs?

You say it wastes space, i say it makes boarding faster. It's a tradeoff.

I think the solution would be three sets of stairs, one at each door,
possibly with the middle door-stair set reserved for boarding, and the
ends for alighting, to eliminate conflicting movements. The middle set
might have to be extra-wide or something.

tom

--
What's the secret to our success? Shouting Robots! People love it when robots yell at them!